Monday 9 September 2013

The start!

Welcome to my blog, Essential with Malin. Here you will be able to read about everything that is going on with my Essential gap year.

At the moment I'm in London for some weeks of training before I'll head back to Bedford (my placement for the year). On these training weeks we will look at and discuss different subjects such as descipleship, trinity, missiology, walk through the bible and identity. So for you who read this and have no clue what kind of gap year this is, it's a christian year that I will practise work at the community of Bedford and at the Salvation Army church there.

It has now been a week since I arrived to England from Sweden and a lot has happened. To start with I was stuck at Heathrow (airport in London) with a bank card that didn't work and I was there for almost 4 hours. So I had to be picked up. The first 3 days me and my class mates had activities together to get to know each other and after that Me, Axl and Chris went to Bedford for orientation. We got our flat, met the church leaders, met the staff at the church, help out at the homeless meal on Sunday afternoon and at the youth fellowship. The Salvation Army in Bedford is a big church with a lot of members and activities. The people we met where very friendly and obviously they knew we where coming and they immediately show there interest for us. We felt very welcome and we know God has big plans for us this year.

Thanks for now and I'll update in a few days.

Malin

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a week. Can't wait to be working with you in Bedford and get to know you more and more in the coming year. I sure I will learn so much from you from all your experiences and know that my prayers will be with you especially having moved to a different country and know I am here if you ever need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic stuff Malin - really glad that you felt so welcome at your placement. We hope you have a fantastic year with Essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read this and I am excited to keep up with all that will be happening throughout your year. Very exciTed to have you at Bedford and work with you. Loving how much God is using you and will use you. You are a very welcoming and loving person, ensuring everyone is included and valued. Keep this up :) trust God fully and he will transform you this year in ways you cant imagine. Enjoy :) Helen

    ReplyDelete